Telling Tales Frequent Questions
Where are the workshop sessions conducted?
This children's literacy event is based in the historic Balingup Town Hall and adjoining Balingup Library.
In addition, workshops and exhibitions are held in numerous cafes, the Balingup Goldsmiths, Wardong Gallery, the Packing Shed, two quirky vacant buildings in the main street, and the Balingup Primary School. All ten indoor venues are located in the heart of Balingup and within easy walking distance of each other.
The love of learning and the ability to read is both a joy and a skill which many take for granted. 'Telling Tales in Balingup' aims to foster an appreciation of children's literature through a diverse program of events spread over a weekend.
Much has been written about the benefits of reading. Reading expands children's vocabulary and improves spelling. It helps them to understand different ways of life, opinions and cultural diversity. It helps them to learn to communicate and expands their imagination. Our aim over the two day festival is to inspire children, parents and grandparents alike to appreciate literacy in its many forms.
What is the cost of attendance?
- $6 per day per child
- No charge for accompanying parents or toddlers seated on parents lap
- Children can attend up to four session per day
Downloadable registration forms available now. Download here
- Registrations are not accepted prior to the event
- Registration will take place in the Balingup Hall from 8.30am on both Saturday and Sunday of the event
- Each registered child will be issued with a folder of materials, a full event program, a map detailing the location of each venue, and a Telling Tales Event wrist band
The event wrist band must be worn throughout the event as it verifies that your child is fully registered.
Children aged 4 - 7 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the sessions. Please ensure you collect children aged 8 - 14 years of age at the conclusion of each session.